Previously I shared with you the question "What is a Brake Hose?" Learned that the Automobile brake hose (commonly known as brake hose) is a part used in an Automobile brake system; Today I'm going to continue to share with you about Replacing a Brake hose.
The problem with the brake hose is very deadly. Usually, The service life of the brake hose is generally about 2 years. because the brake system is one of the most important parts of the vehicle, it needs regular maintenance. It is recommended to replace all the hoses every 60,000 kilometers or every three years (whichever comes first).
Why should brake hoses be replaced regularly?
Most brake hoses are made of rubber, which usually affects their life. All are rubber aging caused by use. The aging of rubber seriously affects the braking performance, and also brings life-threatening to the driver and passengers. During driving, the brake hose is constantly twisting and turning. When encountering a bumpy road, it is difficult to ensure that it is not damaged by external forces, resulting in cuts, scratches, and cuts in the hose.
The brake hose is easy to weaken the brake pressure due to its unique elastic material. When the brake pedal is stepped on, the oil pressure suddenly increases, and the brake pressure is converted into an outward expansion force, which makes the inner diameter of the rubber brake hose larger. Due to this change, the tension in the brake oil circuit will drop, and as the braking distance increases, the braking force becomes smaller and the braking time becomes longer. This is a great hidden danger to driving safety.
The replacement method for the brake hose is as follows:
1. When replacing the brake hose, ensure that it is not twisted or bent, and does not rub with other parts;
2. Tighten hose fittings enough to prevent leakage;
3. prevent any brake fluid leakage and fill or fill the master cylinder, any contact with the body, need to use a large amount of water to wash the area immediately;
4. check the brake pedal firm without any soft step empty signs;
5. Check the connection, brake hose, and hard pipe leakage before the test run.
This is all about brake hose replacement, if you find it useful, please share it with the people around you who need it.